Water is one of nature’s most precious resource. Without it, nothing could survive. Many individuals don’t know much about water except it comes out of the kitchen sink or garden hose at home. We at Hawaiian Organic Noni would like to take the lead spreading the word regarding water conservation. Enjoy reading what we’ve learned about this amazing resource we can’t live without!
Fun Water Facts:
- Without water, the earth would look like the moon.
- All living things need water to live. People can survive up to a month without food, but only a few days (week at most) without water. An individual is recommended to drink six to eight glasses of water each day!
- Our bodies are 70% water (of that percentage, 90% is the composition of our lungs)
- Some of our favorite foods are up to 80% water (Ex. Apples, Pineapples, Corn)
- Less than 2% of the global water supply is freshwater. Only 1% is drinkable.
- On average, a person needs 5-13 gallons of water per day for basic needs.